Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Celebrating Two Years of Painting!!!!!!!!!

It was just two years ago that I was invited by Laura Loring Komers to the Ladies' Luncheon to talk about painting. It was Joyce and Laura who suggested that I put out a sign-up list for a plein air painting class and I'm sure no one knew what to expect. So here we are two years later and the class has turned out to be such a joy to me. Thank you for all your hard work, laughter, hospitality and willingness to keep trying new things.


The following work makes me feel so happy and proud of our class. Look at Susan's painting!
She did it from a photo that she took. It's amazing.





And the portrait of Dolly's mother is finished. It's spectacular and done from a black and white photo!
Dolly has it in  an antique round frame.



 This is what I think of as the anti-brush fire painting of Joyce's. It's very hard to do a white on white painting like this but it is very successful.
 
 



Judy Lehr has a start on a lush landscape that she started on Amalia's patio.




Here's a photo of the real thing




And a portrait of Rita's mom that is in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment