Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Visitor Center Art Show coming up!


The news this week is that
we will participate in the annual art show at the Santa Rosa Plateau Visitor's Center.


Of course  participation is voluntary but I think everyone has at least one or two paintings ( if not more). I'm bringing a few of my own pieces and I'm really excited to think of them all hanging all together. The paper work all went out and should be turned in this week. I'm bringing mine plus paintings on Thursday.


We had a wonderful productive day painting at Jan's. Her view gave some of a chance to get back from working from observation - which is hard


Here is a completed painting that Joyce did of her own view.


And she got a good start on this one.


Jan's mission horse painting is coming along great.



The following three paintings are all intrepretations of a similar view.

Here is Dolly's. It a really interesting painting that started out with a really muddy undepainting.
When she put in the lights in the grass on the plateau, it came to life. Just a little more work on the distant mountains and a touch in the foreground and it's finished! 

And Judy Lehr's painting. I love the color of the grass here.


And maybe I'll change my opinion about doing demos. I did this one with the large #14 brush that I borrowed from Amalia. 



No comments:

Post a Comment